what format is the best in hi definiton for youtube

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by roslee7, Dec 27, 2009.

1. roslee7 macrumors regular

i just got a canon ixus 100 digital camera which can take hi definition video of 1280x720. I was impressed with the quality of the video. After taking few shots, i imported to imovie and make some editing and then i chosed quicktime at 1280x720 to maintain the originality. I can say that its almost equal to the original raw material. Last night i had done some research on different kind of exported format like dv format but the files damn big. Then i tried movie to mpeg 4 and its really sucks and pixelated. So far i guess, export to quicktime HD and apple TV is the best but i guess apple tv is not 1280x720. so the question is, which format should i exported to upload to youtube to get the best quality in hi definition?
    I am using final cut too and i did the same research. i tried export to quicktime conversion>chosed 2.264>1280x720 and quality was good. Then i tried export to quicktime only the the file size damn big. so for final cut, what format or setting is the best to upload to youtube in hi definition?. and also in final cut, what format is advisable to save in future, for permanent storage

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

If you are using final cut then chuck your sequence into compressor and set the YouTube preset!

If you want to see an example of what this will give you can check out all the HD videos in my channel (link in sig)

I always use this preset because it works!

3. roslee7 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks so much . i am using final cut express on my macbook air and i cant see compressor?

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Sorry, I was under the impression that you had final cut pro.

However I have found this video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA_d8mZz9hM

If you skip to 1 minute the exporter he uses is actually the same settings you will get from going export->Quicktime Conversion in Final Cut Express so you should be able to follow the guide pretty easily!

5. roslee7 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks a million bro. i saw your video. awesome. what did u use for video editing especially the titling on jessie keneth movie?