What functionality do you lose??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kermit4161, Feb 24, 2008.

1. kermit4161 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I've seen different reports... so I thought I'd ask here. What functionality do you really lose by jailbreaking/unlocking the iPhone with ZiPhone?

I'm pretty sure that visual voicemail doesn't work... but I've heard conflicting reports that YouTube doesn't work and other stuff (can't remember off the top of my head).

So what exactly do you lose?

Thanks

2. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Visual Voicemail you only lose if you don't use an official carrier. Everything else works fine (does for me anyway! :D)

3. USMCSSGT macrumors member

USMCSSGT

I have a 1.1.3 jailbroken with Ziphone 2.4 and everything works fine!:D

4. kermit4161 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. Thanks guys. I was just confused with all the various talk. Using AT&T isn't an option for me, so I guess I'll just lose the visual voicemail. Since I've never had it... I can't miss it much :D

5. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

The youtube app may no-longer function for looking up videos and their may be a loss of support for locate me.

6. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Same here, jailbroke my new 1.1.3 16g igger and everything but youtube works and so far Iam unable to locate any fixes.

7. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I would say that ZiPhone OFFICIALLY breaks locate me. This is only because it downgrades the baseband to the one from 1.1.2, and since 1.1.2 didnt have the locate me feature, you wont get it when you jailbreak and unlock. Actually, if you only jailbreak, maybe it would still work, I actually have no idea as I have not done it. However, running Navizon once every time you boot up your iPhone fixes it and allows locate me to work.

As for anything else, it all works fine for me on several phones I jailbroke using ZiPhone.

8. iPhelim macrumors regular

As long as you just do a clean jailbreak with ZiPhone everything should work normally.

9. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

ZiPhone 2.4 yesterday on an OOTB 1.1.3 16 Gigger- all (including Find Me and YouTuber) work for me.

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Only one of my iPhones is jailbroken with Ziphone and the locate me works with no modifications. For some reason on this phone, the baseband is stuck at 04.03.13_G. Because of this, I can have it jailbroken and unlocked and the locate me works no matter what. Same with Visual Voicemail and YouTube.

11. HomerSaysDOH macrumors newbie

carfac:

What commands did you use when you used ZiPhone 2.4? Or did you use the 'automatic' mode. I was just wondering because I'm about to buy a couple of iPhones and have read that ZiPhone 2.4 downgrades the 4.6BL to 3.9. I'm not really sure but as mentioned above I thought this was why some people have had a problem with the locate feature after using ZiPhone 2.4. Not a big deal but I was just wondering if your BL was downgraded to 3.9?

12. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

If you are running 04.03.13_G and are unlocked, then you have bootloader 3.9.

On new iPhones, you must currently downgrade the bootloader if you want 04.03.13_G.

13. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Did one in GUI, one command line. 1.1.3 with 04.02.13_G firmware.

How do I know the 4.6 vs. 3.9 Bootloader? I do not see that in "About"