What furniture would go well with an iMac G3?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Ariii, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

Hey! I decided to buy the 350 MHz model iMac G3 (I may or may not gut it out in the future) and I'm repainting/selling a lot of my furniture so I want to model it around my new iMac :).

Does anyone have any ideas :)?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm trying to think of furniture that would go with a blueberry iMac and all I can think of is teenage girl stuff. Maybe you could get a iMac G3 Table Conversion Kit. Do you know if you got the older Airport capable model or the later non-Airport capable model?

3. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

just blow it up.

you didn't say 'what' furniture you are needing (table, chair, couch?).

not to be ridiculous, but look up 'inflatable furniture' on amazon and you will find chairs/ottomans and some couches that are see through and available in similar colors to the imac. might be a fun thing to add in a theme sorta way.

pics after you get done will be a must now that you started the thread. :) best of luck.

4. Ariii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ariii

It's the slot loading, AirPort optional 350 MHz model.

Maybe having white furniture with a couple colorful things might help bring out the iMac's color :)?

Ooh, I can't believe I never added what I'm doing... I'm painting over my table, and getting one other (small) table. I'm probably painting my dresser, which is black.

5. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Could get one of the cheapo table/legs from ikea ($39) and then spray paint the legs the same color as your Imac.

[​IMG]

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Good find. Some people get that speed and are disappointed when they learn they have the 2000 year model and not the 1999 model.

7. FigmentNewtonII macrumors member

Just go to IKEA. Pretty much everything there will fit well with any Mac.

8. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I was at one time working on a plan to get three of the iMac G3's and arrange them in a triangular pattern on my floor, and make them into a coffee table by somehow attaching a large slab of glass on top of them. I had two already and just needed to find the money to get one more, but I was forced to get rid of them. :(

Personal story aside I think furniture that rejects sharp angles as much as possible, and instead uses smooth curving would be a good choice to go with the "egg" shape of the iMac. :) Sorta like the "futuristic" look furniture had back in the 60's/70's. The color schemes of that era probably would fit the iMac range pretty well too, actually. :p

9. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

I like the Ikea idea, anything extremely "modern" retro looking. Black, White, or very Vibrant colors that either match or contrast the iMac

10. Ariii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ariii

That would have been a cool project, that sucks do much :'(! **hugs**

Thanks for the ideas everyone, actually I might do the thing Tom suggested to my table that I have right now :).

Also IT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY AND I'M SO HAPPY :')! Here are some photos:

Attached Files:

11. Ariii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ariii

Random question, but is there any way to get CVGS working without the use of a PC for an iMac G3? I'm going to try FFVI (everyone talks about Aerith's death and how it was the saddest thing ever and I feel like I'm missing out on something :( )

12. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

Colored egg shaped furniture would be good. Check IKEA for that.