What gadgets/devices power your digital life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chortle, Jul 9, 2013.

1. chortle macrumors newbie

My gadgets are old and in need of replacement; iPhone 3G, Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1", old laptop computer, broken kindle (which Amazon may replace).

I'm going to be writing software and will be on the road quite a bit. I have decided to buy a retina MBP 15".

What other gadgets will complement my rMPG? I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy note 2 phone which I guess will be big enough to alleviate the need for a tablet. I'm avoiding the iphone because I find it is too closed a system for me.

Other things I plan buying: kindle for reading ebooks (lots), portable power supply for travel.

Any suggestions/thoughts gratefully received. I'll be buying in August/September. I will be on the road after that. I would like to wait for the release of the Samsung note 3 in October+, and possibly an update for the rMBP but that won't be possible.

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Those are really broad and vague questions. You can't just randomly poll people who have varying preferences and needs. You need to consider your specific needs/wants and find what suits you best. Try posting more focused questions in appropriate subforums and/or discussion forum sites. Provide as much info on your requirements and preferences for people to use to provide recommendations. With what you've provided in your OP just about anything could be suggested.