What Game Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by dasikes, Aug 5, 2008.

?

What Game Should I Get?

1. Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Warcraft III + expansions

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Other (please post what you think!)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Alright this is my first time getting a game for my iMac. I've never tried gaming on a mac, but I've really been wanting to. My iMac specs are in my description. NOTE: Upgrading to 4GB soon.

The two games listed in the poll are games I've played before and love, but I added "Other" because I'm willing to branch out. Help a guy out! :D

Thanks!

2. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is a pretty fun FPS, the only downside is it freaking requires you to have the DVD in because of DRM (Windows version does not).

3. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a must if you're into that sort of thing. Warcraft III is pretty good as well. Jedi Academy is alright, but it's kinda dated.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good call Ghall - TRA is a brilliant game, played it on my bros 360 and now I'm running through it on the PSP. Very good game regardless of what system it's on.

5. punchkidz macrumors newbie

Games I've been enjoying :

World of Warcraft
    Star Wars : Empire at War
    Civilization IV

Hoping APPLE fixes the 256 color issue so we can play DIABLO II and StarCraft again....

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Mmm, those are good games as well.

Diablo II works fine for me.

7. punchkidz macrumors newbie

I think it only affects specific graphics cards. I personally have the 512mb GeForce 8600m GT.

8. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

What types of games do y'like? Do you have an aversion to playing dated games? Do you run Bootcamp?

If you like RTS Age of Empires 3 (or 2), Command & Conquer 3 (or Generals. try it with a mod called Shockwave for maximum effect!) are good ones. For older RTS games, Rise of Nations was a good one IMO.

For FPS you can't go wrong with Unreal (any version, really), or Halo (if you can find a mac version still). Jedi Academy grows on me the more I play it (I hated it at first because of Jaden's voice acting & broken saber fighting)

Obviously Diablo & Starcraft seem to be out :eek:.

I can't recomend any other types since I only really do RTS/FPS (unless you count Stronghold as a castle simulator)

If you go with Jedi Academy, check out the mods "Ultimate Weapons Mod" and "RevanDark Saber Hilts," and make sure you download the patch that stops the acid rain from killing you when you enter the V'jun level!

9. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

How about getting both? That should solve the problem! ;)

As for the "other" category, I'm thinking of getting Spore when it comes out next month. Are you considering that one?

10. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

11. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

WC3 + mods equals a BILLION hours of fun. ;)

DOTA AllStars is one of the best multiplayer games on the market and it's a FREE WC3 mod.

<]=)

12. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Thanks a lot, everyone!

I'll probably end up with WCIII + expansions first, then expand from there. Going with what's familiar :D ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions! After this game, I'm coming back to this thread to go from, there :D

Now, only if we could get The Force Unleashed released for Mac...