What game to get for DS?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Nov 12, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I was thinking of buying a DS lite and Im not sure what game to buy. I was thinking either Super Mario Kart DS, Brain Training 2 or whatever its called or the Zelda game

2. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

There are many good games out there, but it would help to know what type you like. Will you be playing with friends who have DS's? Do you like single player games? Online games? Racing games, FPS, etc etc.

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Definitely buy Mario Kart regardless. Great game single and multiplayer for a wide range of peeps.

I personally like games like Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright, or the new Zelda.

<]=)

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I will only be playing on my own so single player and I'd like a game that has longevity

5. lindstrom macrumors member

Zelda PH has given me a lot of gaming pleasure so far, and I have quite a long way left to go before finishing the game! I think the controls works wonderfully.

I would recommend Zelda any day.

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Here are my favorite single player games on the DS, all of which took me some time to complete, because I wanted to get all of the extras.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow:
    -- AWESOME game. My favorite DS game to date. :)

Castlevania Portrait of Rune:
    -- Not as good as C: DS, but still a great game. It has its own strengths, it just took a little bit longer for me to get into it.

Zelda Phantom Hour Glass:
    -- A bit too easy, but it's a GREAT game and would probably be my favorite if not for C: DS. It has lots of little things to do. I've been playing it for about a month now. I just got all of the items, so will beat it this week.

Magical Starsign:
    -- FREAKING PLAY THIS GAME. :) Especially if you like RPGs. It required a bit of time for me to get into and it's very odd at first, but it ended up being so enjoyable. I played it over a period of 3 months. I really hope they make a sequel.

Mario Kart:
    -- I unlocked every bonus on this game and had a blast. But I think that since it's such a great multiplayer game is the reason I spent so much time practicing and unlocking the extras.

I need to mention Nintendogs. But prepared to be consumed if you get into this game. I had to put it down because it was taking up so much of my time. I felt guilty at first for doing so. :( My weef also gave me some weird looks as I played this game for months and months and months... :eek:

Anyway there are soooooo many good games on the DS. I missed out on a few because I just don't have the time to play them all.

<]=)

7. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I decided on more brain training :) I said I wanted to get a game that would help my brain and I have lots of fun games for my Wii plus I'll get Mario Kart when that comes out for the Wii :D

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Club-House Games (or as it's called in Europe.. 42 all time classics) is a great little package too though.

So many games that you can just pick up and put down in short bursts, that its my most played DS title.

I enjoy brain training, and more brain training too though.

9. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

New Super Mario Bros. is fun too. The DS has a lot of good games.

10. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

Zelda
    New super mario
    42 all time classics
    brain training

are all musts!

11. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Definitely get Mario Kart, such an addictive game with so much unlock-able things to find and great online play to boot. Also New Super Mario Bro's is a gorgeous and highly addictive game. Mario 64 too assuming you havent played it already!

12. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I currently have Brain training, more brain training and mario kart ds which I think will keep me occupied for awhile :D