What game to get for PS3?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 27, 2008.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

We are getting a new TV which comes with a free PS3. So now I want to buy a game but I'm not sure which one to get. I do like sporting type games, not really into war, shoot em up.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Burnout! :D

More seriously, I don't really play a lot of sports games so it's hard for me to recommend one from that angle. But keep an eye on Little Big Planet. Dunno the release date but it looks like great fun.

Dirt is fun if you want a racing game. Ratchet and Clank might be a shooter, but it's not a serious one- funny, cartoony, animated, etc.

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ya Ratchet and Clank is a great "casual" shooter/platform. Also Motorstorm and Burnout are good racing games and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue comes out in March.

4. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Just picked up Burnout last night. Awesome game.....especially if you have cool online friends to freeburn with...

5. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Cod4

How about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?? its an excellent game and has very good graphics. AND you can join the MacRumor users clan :D

IM honestly waiting for Metal Gear Solid 4 and GTA IV after that Im gonna look for other games.

-Victor

6. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Read much? ;)

8. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Warhawk.

Also, can you use keyboard and mouse on COD 4 with PS3?

9. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

So did anyone read the Original Post?

There isn't a great deal of choice for the PS3 at the moment (Face it, it's the truth). Uncharted is supposed to be a good choice, though thats an RPG/Shooter. As is Ratchet & Clank, same again, an RPG/Shooter.

There isn't a lot in the way of Sports I'm afraid, those are the 2 I'd recommend at the moment, not including the War titles.

10. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

No. Why, what was said?

You should definitely looking into all the war games. All the shoot 'em ups.

'Not really' into something gives the impression that they could be into it if they played the right game.

11. Maldini macrumors regular

Maldini

12. asxtb macrumors 6502

I'm not really into war/shoot-em up games either, but I bought COD4 and I've enjoyed it. At least the multiplayer. So it's a good game to get just for the multiplayer aspect.

I also more into sports games. I have Madden 08, NHL 08,Tiger Woods 08, Nascar 08, Japanese baseball, and COD4. With sports games is really just buy what sports you like. There really isn't a wide variety, just a few games for each sport. Just research what you think is the best one for you. As much as people hate EA, I've usually enjoyed the EA Sports games. They are better than 2K sports, IMO.

13. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Exactly.

14. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Uncharted
    Everyday Shooter(PSN Download)
    Ratchet and Clank
    Eye of Judgment......it comes with the PSeye which has a lot of games on PSN
    Folksoul

Have fun with your new PS3....I barely see you sign into Live anymore.

Bless

16. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Burnout is a great Arcade racer. If you want a racer with more or a simulation feel to it get DIRT, or wait for GT5 Prolougue in March. Ratchet & Clank is a great platformer if you are in to them, it has a fun story and is guarenteed to make you laugh throught the game. Uncharted is a good action adventure game, it has a mix of some 3rd person shooter stylings but some really well done puzzles mixed in to it all. Uncharted has a witty storyline and some really intense puzzles and action sequences.

COD4 is a shooter in the full sense of the word, the main story is very cinematic to the point where you will actually wonder if you are playing a war film.

Sports games depends on which sports you like. Stay far away from EA Madden 08, its junk, I struggled through a season and traded that game in as fast as I could. Sega Virtua Tennis is fun if you are in to tennis, and around here it is a discount title selling for usually around $29.99. Fifa 08 is junk, either buy or wait for PES which from playing the demo I have from the Japanese store seems great.

I'd say rent some games, not sure if you have a gamefly.com or a local store that rents out PS3 games, but if you are unsure I would try renting to figure out which game to spend your hard earned coin on.

Good Luck,
    Ed

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

18. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

++ for GT5 Prologue (I mentioned it before but just want to emphasize ;))

19. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Well its a good game, thought I had to bring it up, I also have other war/shooter games but this one is especially good and I did bring up the join the clan thing reinforcing the fact that is great for online gaming. Is it really worth posting just to point something you think is a mistake? I understand other things but this is just a bit silly :p

-Victor

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Am I the only one who hates GT and thinks its utterly overrated and graphically far from 'all that' .... :eek:

21. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

don't know... maybe not.

22. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Mate, you hate all games it seems like in some way shape or form. :p ;) :D

Mr. Negativity himself ;)

23. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

lol, I know someone like that.

24. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

No, you're not alone. Forza is a much better game in my opinion. However, I'll still buy Prologue as I've owned every GT game that's came out.

25. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

ratchet and clank.. got the first 3 for PS 2 and i love em