What games can i play on my macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by alex13579, Jul 12, 2011.

1. alex13579 macrumors newbie

So i have a white macbook with just all the basic specs and hard wear. Im wondering what games i can play on it WITHOUT running windows through bootcamp. I downloaded Far Cry 2 and that ran pretty well on medium settings. All i need is for the game to run with minimal lag on meadium to low settings. Preferably RPGs like fallout and Oblivion. Fallout New Vegas runs on it with high setting but still lags a bit so i tried to change the setting to medium but i couldnt figure out how? so wat games could i run with the above qualities.

2. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

white macbook isn't specific enough, we need to know that the actual specs are. anyway, to rule out games that you can't play look here for your graphics card. As far as confirming that you can play the ones listed in green, i would try youtube.

3. alex13579 thread starter macrumors newbie

NVIDIA GeForce 320M, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz, anything else u need to know?

4. hamlin macrumors regular

Its the Mid 2010 macbook. I have it as well. You can play most games that are made for mac(which isnt a lot) Wow, CS:S, Team fortress, Left 4 dead etc.

5. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

6. Wormald macrumors regular

I'm not sure about the accuracy of that chart - it doesn't agree with my experience.

The chart says that the GMA X3100 in my late 2007 Macbook can't play HL2 or WoW at all.

On the contrary, I've played and completed HL2 and it's episodes and cleared all the high-level raids in WoW with this graphics card, without the rock-bottom settings either - nicely playable.

I doubt the makers of the chart actually tested every game on every chip/card - the system the chip/card is in probably makes a big difference too. They probably just tried to work it out with the specs of each chip/card, but my experience doesn't agree with their conclusions.

7. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

nice to know... it said the ones without numbers were estimates, and the ones with numbers were actual tests, but as you said WoW ran fine for you even though they got 19fps in their test.