Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DwightSchrute

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
My Macbook is supposed to get here this week. I should have it by Friday. I'm not much of a gamer on my PC though, in fact all I ever play is Sim City 4 and I rarely play that anymore since it is so slow. There are games that I'd like to play and I was wondering what games people have on their Macbooks. I would also like to know how well they run. I don't mind if I have to get Windows.

Sim City requires a 32 MB video card with DirectX 7.0 compatible driver. I think the Macbook will work since my PC has an intergrated graphics card but I don't really understand the whole integrated graphics card thing.

So to sum it all up I'm wondering what games run on a Macbook (probably in Windows) and if the Macbook graphics card will work for Sim City 4. Thanks.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
A macbook... well the GMA950 is nothing spectacular but it will do fine in SimCity 4, it will also do fine in other non-gpu intensive games like The Sims 2, etc, you might be able to get away with a recent FPS or two, but you'll have to deal with ultra low resolutions, ultra low settings and ultra low framerate.

Now if you had a Macbook Pro that would be a whole different tale, you could play every game in existence, not in the best terms but you could play them.

DwightSchrute

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Thanks for the responses. Chrone I really only play Sim games and strategy games so I should be fine. Now I just need to decide if I want to fork over the money for Windows.:confused:

Rare

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2006
Manchester, UK
World Of Warcraft works fine, perfectly smoothly on lowest settings, full screen on a MacBook. (only 1gb ram+ though)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.