What games would you suggest for a maxed out late 2013 iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by hatuko, Apr 24, 2016.

1. hatuko macrumors member

hatuko

I haven't played in ages and I do have an XBOX 360 but with old games and it looks like the new ones are released only for newer consoles.... I would anyway prefer playing on the Mac. What games would work well with my machine?

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Depends on what types of games you like. I'm guessing your iMac has the GTX 780M GPU. It's a ways out of date, but most games from 2013 and older should run well at 1080p resolution and medium/high settings. For more recent stuff, you will have to dial down the resolution and/or detail settings, depending on what it is you're playing.

3. kiwipeso1 Suspended

kiwipeso1

I'd suggest Civ 5, Civ BE, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA, Sleeping Dogs definitive edition, Pillars of Eternity, Satellite Reign, Dungeons 2 (all from the mac app store), and Elite Dangerous if you want something really challenging.

4. Fietsbel macrumors member

Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Heroes of the storm, Hearthstone, Tomb Raider

5. BobbyCat macrumors regular

BobbyCat

I play PC games in BootCamp on my late 2013 27" iMac (*), mostly XCOM as well as the new XCOM 2.
    Quite nice at full settings, on Windows 7.

(*) iMac 3.4 Ghz - i5 - 24 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 775M 2 GB

6. 1000 macrumors member

MINESWEEPER should run OK, as long as you don't mind lowering the detail settings a little.

7. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

8. Laucian Nailor macrumors member

Laucian Nailor

If MMO's are your thing, then you can play WoW or Elder Scroll's Online (my favourite right now) or Guild Wars 2. ESO is a native Mac App and runs superbly well on my late 2013 27" iMac.

9. Garrod macrumors regular

Garrod

I use the same spec iMac for gaming, usually via Boot Camp though with Windows 10. GTA V runs well, as does my current favourite Tomb Raider (which on Steam provides both the PC and OS X versions). I tend to drop the resolution down to 1080p however - running at 1440p is just too choppy.

10. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I can play just about anything I want with my late 2013 27" iMac, I ended up buying a custom build Windows PC for gaming because you'll most likely be limited by number of games that are available, not performance limitations.