What gaming mouse / performance mouse do you use? (starcraft 2)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Anstellos, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Anstellos macrumors newbie

Hi,

I m using OSX 10.6.4 + graphical update. I had a mighty mouse. I was not happy with it because its quite slow and dust gets inside easily making the wheel quite unusable.

I m playing Starcraft 2 so needed a fast and precise mouse. I bought a Razor imperator with latest firmware and drivers on mac. I m having 20 seconds freeze after Mac OSX startup while in game I can have random freeze (no movement). No problem what so ever on other computer or on Windows Seven. So I think I will return it.

I found a thread explaining there is a problem under mac OS X for performance mouse. http://dae.cyberic.eu/blog/mouse-cursor-skipping-jumping-bug-on-mac-os-x/ (I found that decreasing frequency and decreasing dpi is making less freezes but still).

Do you use a gaming mouse/ performance mouse under OS X ? What is working ? Do you have work arounds ?

Regards. Anstellos

2. ToastyX macrumors regular

That has to do with movement skipping on mice with 500 Hz and 1000 Hz polling rates, which is a completely different problem and has nothing to do with what you're talking about. There shouldn't be any freezing at all.

If you want a high DPI mouse, the Logitech MX518 is a good choice since it works without needing workarounds.

If you want a low DPI mouse, the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (not 4.0) is the best choice since it's more accurate with slower movements.