What generation is my 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1ne, Jul 14, 2009.

1. 1ne macrumors regular

Sorry guys. I can't seem to find it in the search. I recently purchase a uMBP 17". What is my generation? 2nd?

Try to get the right invisible shield. Is this correct?

Thank you.

2. oregon2 macrumors regular

Yes, if you purchased within the last month or so (or after the iPhone 3GS came out), and it was new, then it is second generation unibody. Correct product.

3. UnexpectedHuman macrumors newbie

Zagg's website is not very helpful.

Strictly, there has only been one generation of 17" uMBP (not counting CPU speed-bumps), and indeed Zagg do not seem to have an entry for a 1st generation machine.

I think that the link you have is correct - but I would confirm the exact model you have when placing the order to be safe. You can just quote the size, clock speed and that it is a unibody. You might also want to note if it is glassy or anti-glare (though I doubt that this matters).

4. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I agree the there is only one 17" unibody. The only changed that happened after the WWDC was the speed pump that's it!

5. 1ne thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Guys! I thought I was right. The online chat person told me not to buy it because it was the wrong. :rolleyes:

6. Snowbound macrumors regular

Sheer brilliance. I love it when forum members outdo CS reps (even though I've worked as one). Just don't hate on them too hard.

7. 1ne thread starter macrumors regular

Nope don't hate them. He was honest. He said he had to googled it and that's when the alarm bells went off. In the end, it's always best to do homework yourself.