What Generation & missing parts??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theslaz, Dec 12, 2009.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

New to "Apple" products! Just bought a Ipod Touch 32 gig for my wife for Xmas.
    Appears that it is a 3rd generation! I can only assume that from the receipt; as no where on the Case or the touch does it mention that. At least not that I can see. The receipt says " 3G touch 32GB". Is this correct?

One other thing; the enclosure states on the back what should be included in the package. It clearly states that there should be a mic and a remote. No such animals in this package. Should there be??

Thanks in advance for your patients with a "Noob" or "Rookie"!!!

Appears to be a great forum; will definitely be doing some reading to learn of all the features and do's and dont's!!

2. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

I solved the mic problem! All I had to do is read a few posts and determined that the mic was in the ear buds!

I told you I was Noob!

Still curious about he remote!!

3. kunal123 macrumors member

T tel if it is 3rd gen check the firmware. If it is 3.0 r higher it is 3rd gen. If it is 2.2.1 it is 2nd gen. The remote is on the earphones next t the mic.:)

4. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

It is a 3rd generation.
    The remote; couldn't find it. I found the volume control; but that is about it. What does the remote control?

5. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

That's not how you check what generation your iPod is. I have a 2nd generation iPod running 3.0 and it's still a 2nd gen iPod.

The 3rd gen iPods have a faster processor and the 32 and 64 gig models have a microphone.

I'm not sure about the remote thing... I know they come with a voice control option, is that what they mean by remote?

6. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Isn't there a push-button on the mic, which pauses/resumes playback? I guess that's your remote.

7. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

You are so right. The volume control on the ear buds is also the remote. The "+ or -" is the volume control; and just pressing the center; in between the "+ or -" is the remote.

Thanks for your prompt replies. Now to do some reading.