What gets backed up when I hook my ios device to a computer?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Jacksonc, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

My brother was at the photography shop wanting to get some pictures printed. The person working there said she didn't want him to hook it up to the printing computer because it would copy all his personal info on to the computer. Is that true?

2. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Yes or no. If the printing computer has iTunes installed, iTunes should automatcially pops up then perform automatic back up. However, you can cancel back up and disable automatic backup as well.

Things get backed up are your settings, messages, contacts, pictures, apps and so on...

I think the best idea is transfer photographies you wanted to print to an USB thumb drive.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

It could yes. Depending on how the computer is set up.

This is why Apple stores have set up a special block on their demo computers that prevents them from seeing devices attached to them. Both to prevent any kind of syncing of personal stuff (and breaking several privacy laws) and to keep folks from copying the demo music files (and breaking several contracts and copyright laws)

And the stores do it via some kind of command line type issue so it's not as simple as just tapping it off in the preferences (where it can be tapped back on). Even disables folks logging into their iTunes account on their computers.