What gives you energy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Avaj, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Avaj macrumors member

I'm really really dragging this morning. I'm drinking coffee & it is making me sleepy. I need a quick burst of energy fast...have a busy day ahead of me today. :(

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Coffee often has the reverse affect on me. I will drink it, then switch to water. I will take a quick walk around the block with my dog and that will get the blood flowing and wake me some more. You can also find natural sources that can be helpful. For me though, hands down, is a quick walk and it is especially great if it is sunny.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Try taking a 15-20 minute nap. Those short naps can re-energize you quite a bit; at least they do for me.

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I agree with jessica. People discount the mind-body connection, but getting moving can work wonders on your ability to concentrate. Be sure to eat high protein and low fat around the times you need to be at your peak. Another reason for low-energy is dehydration, which coffee makes worse. Drink water. Stay away from diet drinks because they inhibit your concentration by suppressing the electrical impulses in your brain, temporarily, but not good when you need to be concentrating!

5. rei101 macrumors 6502a

I know it will sound cheesy. But when I feel heavy I pray and ask to be washed form inside out with white energy. That will clear my mood spiritually.

Then I may drink an small coffee BUT the important ting is to eat something like an energy bar ONLY each 2 hours to maintain sugar level fine. Too much sugar make you sleepy and too much coffee give you anxiety and depression witch would be like feeling moody and tired.

At lunch do not eat a lot! maintain the meal fair to small, if not you will get sleepy again. And more protein bars and water. Each 2 hours or even each hour.

6. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

7. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

couple big spoonfuls of honey does wonders. known to be one of the fastest absorbed/used by the body. i run ultra distance and carry honey in fast packs for just this sort of boost/energy thing. easy on the stomach also.

to the 'coffee makes me sleepy crowd', i'd say you are doing it wrong. :p

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I down a liter of diet coke in the morning. No white energy or running for me--unless you count running to the bathroom.