What glass&digitizer for iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NurkJon, Mar 24, 2011.

1. NurkJon macrumors newbie

I've got a iPhone 3GS with a cracked screen and now I'm looking for a good replacement glass and digitizer but I'm worried that I'll get one with crap touch. Have anyone here ever switched glass on cracked 3GS and if so and it turned out good what digitizer did you use? I'm mainly looking for ebay listings with worldwide shipping as I'm Swedish.

This is where I'm looking: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc&L...calstpos=&_stpos=&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301&gbr=1

Would this be a good one? http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Touch-...Accessories&hash=item4157f4731b#ht_2576wt_952
    It says Original but can I really trust that, it's only 7usd with shipping to Sweden so it's quite cheap.

2. blondepianist macrumors member

Those look like the correct part, but without the part in hand, I can't be sure.
    Like the above, you can't be positive, and it gives me some pause that (1) it's $0.99 and (2) despite a good over-all track record, the seller has had 6 negative feedback in the past month...

If you want to be 100% sure you're getting the right product check iFixit.com:

http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-3GS-Front-Panel/IF142-000

3. NurkJon thread starter macrumors newbie

"Problem" is with shipping from iFixit to Sweden the price end at 43 USD at best which is quite a lot more expensive then the ones on ebay and at least some of all the hundreds of them there must be good. But yeah it's hard to know which ones are. There are someones around 20ish USD on ebay which claims to offer 1 year warranty, question is still if those can be trusted. It's hard to know. I've already got 4 iPhones and 2 HTC Phones so I'm not in any immediate need of new glas to that 3GS but it would be nice to fix it as fast as possible, always need to wear 2 phones and the 3GS is my 2nd best phone.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Usually those really cheap ones are knockoffs and not genuine Apple parts and wont fit, feel or behave the same way. Your touch might not be as responsive and have other issues.
    I wouldnt go for the cheapest option but one that offers true Apple replacement repair parts.

5. NurkJon thread starter macrumors newbie

I am very well aware of that and that's why I'm asking for recommendations here about which ones are the best to a decent price. Is there any that is cheaper then the ifixit one and still as good?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's a few posters here that have their own business repairing iphones, ipod touch and other iDevices.
    Hopefully they can point you to the right direction for genuine Apple parts for a decent price.