What graphics card is this? (Photos)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TMA, Feb 19, 2008.

1. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Can anyone help me figure out which graphics card this, and how much VRAM it has?

I'm selling it with my PowerMac G5 (see Marketplace) and i've advertised it as an ATI Radeon 9600 as I know it's at least that, but I suspect its better. I bought this upgrade a few years ago (it was great for playing C&C generals!) and without booting up the machine now I can't open system profiler to check. If nobody knows i'll have check tomorrow after i've borrowed a monitor from work.

Using everymac.com I've narrowed it down to the following:
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (64mb)
    ATI Radeon 9600 (128mb)
    ATI Radeon 9600 XT (128mb)
    ATI Radeon 9650 (256mb)

It has 8 x Hynix HY5DU573222A chips on the board, which I know are the RAM modules, but I don't know what there capacities are.

Attached Files:

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Looks to me like you got a Part Number in the upper left of the first pic (the one with the fan). I'd just google that to figure it out.

3. TMA thread starter macrumors 6502a

TMA

Thanks for the suggestion. I did a little bit of googling earlier on and that part number turned out to be just for the fan :( There is a part number for the card but the ATI checker says that no records can be found.

Because I was bored, I also used firewire disk mode and tried to see if I could access any files on the PowerMac that would give me some clues. No luck there either :(

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I was referring to the one on the board - what is that part number?

5. bartelby macrumors Core

The p/n number will probably be for the PCB not the actual card.

6. TMA thread starter macrumors 6502a

TMA

From the first picture (top) ? It reads 109-A1440. I've done a quick google on this but it didn't turn up much. I suspect it's for the circuit board itself rather than the final product.

7. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Googled the model number you gave for the cards RAM, most of the results came back syaing ATi Radeon 9800 XT.

So a little bit more googling and I found this forum thread:-
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=45325

Check the pictures on the first post, looks like the same card.

Seems like an ATi 9800 XT with 256MB.

8. TMA thread starter macrumors 6502a

TMA

Wow, nice work! It does look the same as that card, if so i'll be chuffed and someone on eBay will get a bargain.

I'm going to get a monitor hooked up to it to make sure anyway, but I think you're right about the Hynix chips - It's possible the '32' in the part number represents MB. It doesn't contain 16 or 8 (which would be a total of 128mb or 64mb)

9. TMA thread starter macrumors 6502a

TMA

Yep, you were 100% correct, thank you.