Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt3526

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
Hi all,

I have a new MacBook Pro with the Nvidia Geforce GT 750M and I love it. I have installed bootcamp and I'm currently updating drivers. Windows automatically installed Nvidia control panel, but I'm wondering if I need anything else. When I had my 2011 MBP I had the catalyst control centre. Would I need to get that again?

Thanks

Mik3F

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
The driver pack that you should have downloaded from Apple will contain everything you need

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Graphics drivers provided by Apple are often outdated. If you play games, it might be a good idea to go to nvidia.com and download the most recent driver for 750M.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hi all,

I have a new MacBook Pro with the Nvidia Geforce GT 750M and I love it. I have installed bootcamp and I'm currently updating drivers. Windows automatically installed Nvidia control panel, but I'm wondering if I need anything else. When I had my 2011 MBP I had the catalyst control centre. Would I need to get that again?

Thanks

Catalyst drivers are for ATI cards, not nVidia.

blooperz

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2013
The driver pack that you should have downloaded from Apple will contain everything you need

the graphics drivers provided by apple are terrible (incredibly outdated), the first thing to do in any bootcamp install is to go to nvidia's site and download the latest ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.