What hacks do you want that aren't out there yet?

Rufuss Sewell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Austin, TX
I would gladly pay for these hacks:

1. An auto toggle for airplane mode that is app specific. Mainly for the camera and other recording apps. I never want to be interupted when I'm recording a video. It would be awesome if the phone went into and out of airplane mode when I opened and closed the camera app.

2. Control over my speaker when accesories are attached. My SynthStation 25 mutes the speaker, but most of the time I'd rather use the phone speaker rather than headphones.

3. An equalizer that replaces the iPod equalizer. I realize there are EQ apps but they also force you to use their player. I just want the ipod player with a graphic EQ.

Anything else you guys would like to see that isn't available yet?

briantaylor619

macrumors member
May 15, 2012
I'd pay for an Game Boy Advanced version of Snes9x EX gaming emulator :)

Edit: Nevermind, found one with wiimote support.

Last edited:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
1) camera connection kit that accepts other accessories with USB on my ipad
2) camera connection kit that that works with iPhone

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I would love it if I could toggle sending imessages as regular texts to only local vs local + foreign contacts. I have unlimited texting so I'm fine with my iMessages being sent as texts to all my other US based numbers, but I have a lot of family abroad who I'd like to imessage as well, without it sending as a regular text if it doesn't go through because then with or without my unlimited texting plan, international texting rates apply.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
An app that will completley remove left over theme code.Cant seem to kill the rest of this webOS theme

mylyf

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2011
i would like an hack/tweak, that would allow me to
change the default mail app, similar to the sparrow tweak/hack..

because of mail restrictions on our mail server i have to use
outlook web email..

Mylyf

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
a hack that gets rid of reading list since i'm always accidentally storing things in it.

also a good add on that gives flash support to safari

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
An app that will completley remove left over theme code.Cant seem to kill the rest of this webOS theme
Maybe iCleaner? Just a guess. I don't theme and have no clue what would need to be removed but icleaner can remove a lot of stuff. Plus you can specify what filetypes to remove as well. No clue if it would work for you. Just throwing it out there.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Maybe iCleaner? Just a guess. I don't theme and have no clue what would need to be removed but icleaner can remove a lot of stuff. Plus you can specify what filetypes to remove as well. No clue if it would work for you. Just throwing it out there.
That actually worked for me thanks buddy

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
It'd be cool if one single package had options to change all the default apps. Something like Springtomize 2 where you can change all of the default apps in one place would be convenient.