What happen to Yahoo on the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by peidon, Jan 3, 2008.

1. peidon macrumors newbie

Everytime I go to www.yahoo.com. I get redirected to the Mobile version. Anyone know how I can get back to the "full" Web version?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Hmmm. Apparently we aren't welcome at their full site anymore. Use Google. They provide a "classic" link to get to the full screen version.

3. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

A lot of sites are deploying "optimized" versions for the iphone. If you don't like it, you should use their customer feedback options to let them know you still want access to the full blown sites.

Of course, I'm sure there must be a way to get there, even if yahoo doesn't send you there.

4. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

yell.com is another site that directs you to a mobile version with no method of getting to the full. Very annoying and defects the purpose of the iPhone and other full HTML phones

5. ktemkin macrumors newbie

6. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Try going into a page somewhere else on the Yahoo site and see if it switches to the mobile version. I like the way Google does it, they have a link back to the none optimized version. I wish more websites did that.

7. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I noticed this too and it kind of pisses me off. I also noticed that nfl.com has started to do the same thing. The nice thing about the iPhone is that it can view the real versions of a page, so why should we be forced to the mobile versions?

8. snook911 macrumors 6502a

wow, when did this happen. I go to yahoo at least a couple times a day but not anymore. That mobile site is terrible. I am going to try and e-mail customer service and see if there is a way to stop that from happening.

9. wakka092 macrumors 6502

wakka092

This happens because the websites read the phone's ISP, not the bowser itself.

10. madfresh macrumors regular

I'm sure it reads the IP not ISP.

11. Templex macrumors regular

Actually it reads the user agent string.

12. Illinoisemakers macrumors member

That mobile version sucks. I use yahoo for Fantasy Football and the look of it through the mobile site is horrible. I did find the regular version of yahoo sports and fantasy sports by googling yahoo and choosing sports under the first link. I haven't found a way to get to the regular yahoo home screen. If anyone does please share.

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

14. xanatos macrumors regular

Same thing here and it sucks can't even use yahoo answers my favorite site to waste time on

Typed on my iPod touch

15. gotzero macrumors 68040

I just gave up and moved on. The mobile page is pretty useless.