Carrier What happened to AT&T service--

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Traderalways, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Traderalways macrumors member

in NYC, especially Manhattan! My service is beyond terrible.. I have both 6s+ and 7. Anyone else??

2. kenhagemann macrumors member

3. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

9.3.5 on the 6s+
    10.0.3 on the 7

Both horrible.

4. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

Agree, in Manhattan.

My 7 Plus keeps going crazy on AT&T calls where the caller cannot hear me at a random point during a call.

I swapped 7 Plus phones. Now running 10.0.3. No difference.

5. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I'm originally from Long Island and my entire family is still there. Out in Suffolk County, my mother gets piss poor service. Brand new iPhone 7 Plus on AT&T. I cannot have a 15 minute phone call with her without the call either dropping out or cutting in and out. It's so frustrating.

And here in Central Florida it's the same way. I used to be able to go up and down I-95 without having service issues and now? I can't go 20 miles without dropping calls 2 or 3 times.

We've been with AT&T for 10 years and I've lived here that entire time. So I'm quite familiar with how great AT&T service has always been. But it seems in the last 12-18 months the quality of service has gone down substantially. At least where I am and on Long Island.

6. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

7. Gmouse macrumors regular

While I live in Colorado, our son lives in Brooklyn, so we go up to visit a lot. I've never found AT&T service to be very good in NYC, NY, Vermont, NH, NJ, and Connecticut. I've worn out the "Mark the Spot" app used to tell AT&T about crappy service...not sure it's doing any good...as, it's still crappy.

For instance, we went to the Vermont County Store, which is in a small town in southern Vermont. My iPhone 6s Plus had No Service, but other people with Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint had no issues with either phone or data.

I hope AT&T decides to do a better job on coverage, or, I'm going to switch to Verizon.

8. ray737 macrumors 6502

I used to be with AT&T. Made the smart choice and switched to T-Mobile unlimited everything my service is way better all over NYC with TMO than it ever was with AT&T

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

ATT has been golden for me for year and years no matter where I go.

10. Traderalways thread starter macrumors member

I think I'm going to switch to Verizon.... It has to better than att in Manhattan!