Carrier What happened to AT&T service--

Mr. Zarniwoop

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
Agree, in Manhattan.

My 7 Plus keeps going crazy on AT&T calls where the caller cannot hear me at a random point during a call.

I swapped 7 Plus phones. Now running 10.0.3. No difference.

Reactions: Statusnone88

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
I'm originally from Long Island and my entire family is still there. Out in Suffolk County, my mother gets piss poor service. Brand new iPhone 7 Plus on AT&T. I cannot have a 15 minute phone call with her without the call either dropping out or cutting in and out. It's so frustrating.

And here in Central Florida it's the same way. I used to be able to go up and down I-95 without having service issues and now? I can't go 20 miles without dropping calls 2 or 3 times.

We've been with AT&T for 10 years and I've lived here that entire time. So I'm quite familiar with how great AT&T service has always been. But it seems in the last 12-18 months the quality of service has gone down substantially. At least where I am and on Long Island.

Gmouse

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
While I live in Colorado, our son lives in Brooklyn, so we go up to visit a lot. I've never found AT&T service to be very good in NYC, NY, Vermont, NH, NJ, and Connecticut. I've worn out the "Mark the Spot" app used to tell AT&T about crappy service...not sure it's doing any good...as, it's still crappy.

For instance, we went to the Vermont County Store, which is in a small town in southern Vermont. My iPhone 6s Plus had No Service, but other people with Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint had no issues with either phone or data.

I hope AT&T decides to do a better job on coverage, or, I'm going to switch to Verizon.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I used to be with AT&T. Made the smart choice and switched to T-Mobile unlimited everything my service is way better all over NYC with TMO than it ever was with AT&T