Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve Jobs.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
It was working fine just a few minutes ago but now it redirects to some random website called "tvsquad.com" and it makes no sense!

Can anyone confirm this?

Anyone know why this is happening?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Sites go down all of the time, Engadget is no different. Alternatively there could be an issue with the site and they're unaware of it.

Steve Jobs.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
If the site is down then why would it redirect to some random website that i don't want to go to?

Other websites just simply post a message that says "site down for maintenance" or something.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Looks to me like an IP/DNS problem on the server that hosts engadget.com

[edit] it is. Engadget is an AOL company.

Domain Name: TVSQUAD.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
Name Server: DNS-01.NS.AOL.COM
Name Server: DNS-02.NS.AOL.COM
Name Server: DNS-06.NS.AOL.COM
Name Server: DNS-07.NS.AOL.COM

[/edit]

bern1812

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2008
@engadget Engadget is having some technical issues right now... we'll be back very soon! Hang tight!

@engadget We're having a system-wide issue, it's not just Engadget. If you see a TV Squad feed pop up... our apologies! We're cranking on a fix.

From their twitter

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
If the site is down then why would it redirect to some random website that i don't want to go to?

Other websites just simply post a message that says "site down for maintenance" or something.

Oh c'mon Steve Jobs, you know EXACTLY why Engadget's website is down. Don't act all innocent!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.