What happened to iTunes Match in the iOS GM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by debo, Oct 12, 2011.

1. debo macrumors regular

I know iTunes match isn't being released yet to the wild, and I assume that's why it was taken out of the GM. But what's up with that? How can the devs keep using it that were using it before? Do we either have to downgrade or not use it?

2. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

I know a new beta of iTunes has been released to reinstate Match for developers. Perhaps the same will happen with iOS after the release today.

3. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Its still in the iOS 5 GM, and the iTunes 10.5 public release has been superseded by the iTunes 10.5.1 beta for devs to continues testing Match.

4. debo thread starter macrumors regular

I got the iTunes 10.5.1 beta, which I used to install the iOS 5 GM. Where are you seeing iTunes match in the iOS 5 GM? It used to be under settings -> music. Maybe I need to sync?

5. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Thats exactly where it is on mine. It was there with the last 10.5 beta and hasn't gone anywhere since.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Still under Settings - Music on my iOS5 GM, and I am still on Beta 9 iTunes. Have you subscribed & activated Match in iTunes? If so, perhaps a sync will take care of it.

7. Untaken macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. It was there in the last two betas for me but on the GM it's gone. I just subscribed to iTunes Match in iTunes 10.5.1 so it's kinda pissing me off. I've tried restoring and setting up as new and then re-syncing with iTunes but still no setting. What really aggravates me is that I loaded up a friend's iPhone 4 with the GM and he has the setting. WTF?

8. debo thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I've subscribed, it was working fine in the last beta iOS.