What happened to "Linked Cards" within iOS 6.1 Contacts App?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by HMI, Feb 6, 2013.

1. HMI macrumors 6502a

HMI

What happened to "Linked Cards" within the iOS 6.1 Contacts App?

I used this function in earlier versions of iOS 6 to merge duplicate contact entries, but now noticed that function seems to be missing.

Also, side note, I've noticed that some contacts either have two entries (one duplicate) or, if I delete one, then both will disappear.

And, for some reason, when I enter the phonetic pronunciation for names, the contact entry will be re-sorted within my contact list based upon whatever random spelling I happen to assign it to pronounce a given name, but it won't remain in its proper sort location based on the real name unless I remove phonetic pronunciations altogether. I find this weird!

If anyone has any tips on how to merge iOS 6.1/iCloud duplicates into a single contact card I would appreciate it........and what happened to "Linked Cards?"

Thanks

2. HMI thread starter macrumors 6502a

HMI

Seriously? Nobody?

If its a stupid question, fine, but at least have a respectful and knowledgeable response to the question posted.

Somebody here must know!

3. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

Do you mean "linked contacts"? For the same contacts from different services (ie iCloud and Gmail)? I still see them on iOS 6.1.

4. HMI thread starter macrumors 6502a

HMI

My goal is to merge duplicate contacts from iCloud only on iOS 6.1 devices.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

5. asggold macrumors member

asggold

I got a tool called "Duplicates" which worked great in this situation. I have multiple contact groups but allowed me to look and merge duplicates in each account separately. I would highly recommend the tool. :D

6. hedleylammarr macrumors newbie

7. crashnburn, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013

crashnburn macrumors 6502

On iOS 5.1.1 with Synch on both - iCloud and iTunes - And it shows it as "Linked Cards"

WHY?
    There are times i forget to sync iTunes with PC so iPhone can upload and sync with iCloud. A lot of times I am in areas with low to no data connect - barely 2G and pretty unstable, so I cant rely ONLY on iCloud. So backup using iTunes also + Outlook.

Most of my contacts are entered into iPhone and then flow to the backup solutions.

What should one do now? What are the recommendations and what options?

INTERESTING POST HERE ALSO:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13702621&postcount=184