what happened to Lion download page

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by themessedupone, Jul 25, 2012.

1. themessedupone macrumors newbie

Hi,

I need to re-install OS X 10.7. But since Mountain Lion came out, there is no Lion page on app store anymore. For some reason, it doesn't even appear in my purchases list. What happened to the page? where can I download it again??

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, because Mountain Lion is the latest version, so they removed Lion

3. Anonymouse106 macrumors newbie

What will happen to Mac's that are not Mountain Lion compatible?

4. themessedupone thread starter macrumors newbie

This is ridicules. I need to run Lion Recovery, but since I installed from clone (installed from time machine backups), I don't have the Lion Recovery HD partition. In order to fix that, I need to re-install Lion. But from where??? What is wrong with Apple?

5. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

Does your Mac not support internet recovery? It should be a feature when booting up if you hold down the option key. It's integreted into the computer and is used as for instances like yours when the user installs a fresh drive.

If not check out http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1433

6. themessedupone thread starter macrumors newbie

It supports internet recovery, but the problem is, when you install from a back up the Recovery HD doesn't get copied. And in order to use Lion Recovery Disk Assistant you need to have Recovery HD partitions on your mac...

7. mr.tolgao macrumors newbie

First, It did not appear in my purchases list too. After few hours, now Lion Download is appearing in my Purchases list. Try to check it out now.

8. themessedupone thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, thanks. It's not showing yet, but I'll wait for a few more hours and if it doesn't appear I'll contact apple or something :/

9. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

:cool:
    I think you're making things harder than they have to be.

Just install a fresh copy of Lion from internet recovery so that the recovery HD is setup. Then use the recovery hd to install your backup from your time machine disk.:cool:

10. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Try holding down the Option key when clicking on the Purchases tab.

11. mr.tolgao macrumors newbie

My Lion Download appeared again in my Purchases List at the same time with Xcode update. May be it(Lion) will appear again when you will have an update for any App in your Purchases List.

12. themessedupone thread starter macrumors newbie

I doubled checked, it turns out my laptop doesn't support internet recovery... sorry about the earlier misinformation

13. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If Lion doesn't appear in Purchases, try seeing if it is hidden. To unhide it, follow these steps.