What happened to MacBytes? No news in over 1 month

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by wrldwzrd89, Feb 11, 2011.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Has MacBytes been suffering a lack of submissions? Or is the site maintainer too busy/tired/whatever to add new articles? I used to pay attention to stuff posted there... but it's no fun without new content. :p

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The plan is to transition away from it with the site redesign (still in progress!), so it seems it's been phased out a bit early.

3. proboscisjoe macrumors member

proboscisjoe

So, does that mean a revamped MacRumors.com will include a "MacNews" segment under the same domain? Or does "transition away from" imply that MacBytes-esque content will no longer be a part of MacRumors?

...so scared! o_O

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We'll obviously continue to cover Mac news...we're just doing away with the bullet-list collection of links to Apple-related stories from elsewhere that is MacBytes.

5. Euge macrumors regular

Euge

Still a little confused here. I liked Apple-related stories that was MacBytes. Will the same content be transitioned into MacRumors eventually?

MacBytes had links to stories that wasn't necessarily covered by MacRumors or other Apple news sites.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Without speaking too much for arn, I don't think you'll be seeing most of those stories make it onto MacRumors unless people post them in the forums for discussion. A few of them might get picked up as "page 2" or "blog" stories as we try to keep that a bit more active than in the past, but most won't officially be covered as we seek to streamline the site a bit.