what happened to macs when Steve Jobs left...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cinicraft, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Cinicraft macrumors newbie

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Ain't you heard of portrait displays? People still use them today, we just buy wide-screen displays and rotate them 90°'s. I know many professional photographers use them.

3. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

That's for desktop publishing, so you can see the whole page at once. Nothing wrong with that at all. A lot of monitors like that swivel, so they could be either tall or wide.

--Eric

4. justit macrumors 6502a

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

And to think, switchers still moan about the Mac being expensive. They should be think they're getting more g-whizz for their dough, nowadays...

6. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

What a pointless thread. Deletion, anyone?

My old middle school had tons of these portrait displays, heh.

7. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

Wow an old CMS external HD, thats an old drive even for that picture.

Yea I would say this post needs to me moved.

8. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

Ugh, I had to use that pizza box mac when I was in the publishing business. Slow as hell. I'm glad those beige days are over.

Although back in those days, I remember the whole 30 person department used a 3.7GB storage server. :D

9. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Was that the Macintosh LC475 with it's turbo charge time machine '020?

10. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I don't see what is wrong with that Mac's appearance. In my opinion I believe Steve Jobs has ruined the Mac's Appearance.

To me the best looking Chassis were those of the II, IIcx, IIsi, IIvx, Quadra 900 and Quadra 840AV. Though I did not care for the LC, Classic, and Quadra 610 cases.

edit: However under Steve we had the great looking Apple II through IIgs designs.

11. BayouBengal macrumors regular

I've gone portrait mode before so that I could see more code on the screen, less scrollings up and down.

12. TrapOx macrumors 6502

IBTL

My 24" monitor can be rotated 90*. The only reason I don't use it like that is the screen's poor side viewing angle at that rotation.

13. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Yep... I have a Dell flat panel at work that I rotate occasionally for that exact reason. :)

14. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Call me crazy, but I loved the Apple hardware we had in the 1990's. I still use my LaserWriter 360 with me current setup, and nobody can deny the StyleWriter II wasn't the best looking printer in history. The Perfoma 6400 and that 6115 pictured above were great looking computers. Maybe I'm crazy, but these new Macs Apple makes now have less soul than the beige boxes we had 15 years ago IMO.

15. macintouch macrumors regular

Well, the Macs are more expensive, but I think there is a great backing to the price. It's worth it. You're getting something for the extra few hundred you spend on a Mac.