Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
MacRumors is looking for a video producer. What happened to Matt Gonzalez?

Personally, Matt seems like a great guy and his video production was fantastic but as a narrater and an on camera personality, I was never into his videos. He made some big improvements in his narration but he seemed to stumble too much in his speech and overall lacked authenticity in his tone.

And the giant elephant in the room: a lot of what was being demonstrated required hands tapping on a screen. Saying this in the nicest way possible: Matt is not destined to being a hand model.

I personally think that Matt would have been great remaining in the background, working with an on camera personality as the face of MacRumors.

Video is such a huge part of the future of any online presence so I'm looking forward to seeing what MacRumors does in this field.

What do you think of Matt's videos? Please remain respectful in the comments.

EDIT: Sorry about the spelling error in the title. Can't edit titles.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Matt's been great, but he decided to move on. So, we need to find someone to fill his spot.

arn

I'm very much looking forward to what you do next with video @arn. There is plenty of talent online. No doubt you'll snap someone great up soon.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
MacRumors is looking for a video producer. What happened to Matt Gonzalez?

Personally, Matt seems like a great guy and his video production was fantastic but as a narrater and an on camera personality, I was never into his videos. He made some big improvements in his narration but he seemed to stumble too much in his speech and overall lacked authenticity in his tone.

And the giant elephant in the room: a lot of what was being demonstrated required hands tapping on a screen. Saying this in the nicest way possible: Matt is not destined to being a hand model.

I personally think that Matt would have been great remaining in the background, working with an on camera personality as the face of MacRumors.

Video is such a huge part of the future of any online presence so I'm looking forward to seeing what MacRumors does in this field.

What do you think of Matt's videos? Please remain respectful in the comments.

EDIT: Sorry about the spelling error in the title. Can't edit titles.
I don't share some of your comments about Matt, I think he was doing a great job, and I will miss his concise and articulate videos. For me he was kind of the voice and image of MR. Best wishes in your next endeavors Matt!!

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
MacRumors is looking for a video producer. What happened to Matt

I too was wondering what happened to him.
But I always thought his name was Mac! There you go, it's Matt.
I agree with the elephant in the room. And that's not trying to be mean. It was just unfortunate. His video production was very good, and I enjoyed the videos, but as we see with Dan now and just about every other tech vid on YT, these videos are really cookie cutter. They'll all have to start using indoor drones soon to stand out from the crowd!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.