What happened to my applecare?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kaks, Mar 22, 2010.

1. kaks macrumors member

Let me start off by saying that i had 4 replacement mac pros when the 2009 models came out. Buzzing power supply.

When i finally took it to the Apple Store the Genius there said there was indeed a problem, they apologized and finally sent me a working one.

Now the applecare i bought, well never got transferred. They said its fine, no problem.

So i got an email in September saying something about an applecare. So i thought great.

Well i was doing some archiving and i checked the PDF compared it with the certificate i first got when i bought the applecare.

Turns out the Applecare that got updated for the new machine (serial number) is only the base applecare for higher education.
    So basically i lost the full applecare plan which i paid extra for. Now the email was sent in September so i have a problem now. What should i do.

I tired of all these. I mean talking with applecare for the replacement machines. Arguing over my applecare, and finally they still mess it up. I have had enough i mean how long is this going to go on for.

thanks, any suggestions are welcome.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Call them and talk to them
    There is no silver bullet fix

3. kaks thread starter macrumors member

How will i support my claim. My original apple receipt i think is gone, as i have the new apple receipt, which did not have an applecare on it.

Thanks

4. dsiew81 macrumors member

If you received a replacement Mac Pro, hopefully you still have the serial number of your original unit. Supply Apple with that serial number and you should be able to confirm your AppleCare status.

5. kaks thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, ill give that a go.

:)

6. maghemi macrumors 6502

Exactly. They will have the details of the exact plan you purchased that was attached to your first machine.

Insist on them placing that plan onto your new machine. It's that simple.

7. nigameash macrumors 6502

Call them and you should be fine ;) Just have the serial available :)

8. kaks thread starter macrumors member

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I gave them a call seems, that it should take 2 days and i got a case number to follow up on.

I'll wait and see what happens.

I did the same thing when the replacement came but after arguing for a month on the phone and getting the guy saying that he spoke to the manager etc.. and there is no way to transfer it. He said the only way was for me to buy a new applecare and pay the full price as well (since it will not be at the time of purchase).

It just goes to show that it depends on the person behind the service :). Heh.

Thanks again, ill post when i get the email from them again