What happened to my dock? It's now clear glass

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DVNIEL, Nov 9, 2007.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

I was away from my desk for about a day, and when I came to it... my dock is not the foggy glass anymore, its just straight up clear, and I can't even see the broken dividing line.

I have not yet restarted because I think this was kind of cool. Is this now a default that happened during an update? I did not do any the terminal or 3rd party mods to do this... it just showed up like this...

Pretty cool.

Attached Files:

2. ~David macrumors regular

~David

It's definitely not an update.

Almost looks as if the Dock resources have been deleted. Try opening terminal and typing "killall Dock" (Without quotes).

3. SolrFlare macrumors regular

I actually kinda like that look. I'd possibly use that instead of using the 2D dock like I do now.

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

That's a bug. Happened to me, I like how cool it looks. Just force quit dock with activity monitor or restart, it will come back.

5. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

HAHA but the question is how do we keep it looking like that? :)

6. roblogic macrumors newbie

Here ya go :D

Attached Files:

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Without the frosted glass it looks better, but it also illustrates what's wrong with the Leopard dock. The trash is at the wrong perspective. Stacks don't touch the dock, nor does the Finder icon. It's a visual train wreck.

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

it looks like that when you remove scurve-l.png, scurve-m.png, scurve-sm & scurve-xl.png from /system/library/core services/dock/contents/resources. maybe you deleted them?

9. dstein macrumors member

Ive been running my dock like that since 5 minutes after I installed Leopard. Just go into the Dock Resources and BACKUP then delete the scurve.png frontline.png killall Dock in Terminal and your golden.

10. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

11. tomohawk macrumors newbie

Hmm, that isn't really something that is likely to happen accidentally though! To replicate the effect myself I had to do it through terminal, and sudo the command to allow it to delete the files. You'd have to be intending to do it...