What happened to my iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loskickking23, Aug 6, 2008.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I updated yesterday and now I cant use 3g in my house.Im fine with that I will just use wi fi.But now I cant even make a phone call in my house.I use to have 2 bars of 3g now none and all bars of edge down to 2 and having to walk outside to use my phone.Any ideas on what this is.

2. rwd hero macrumors 6502

my reception has also been affected negatively, the only thing I do is turn 3G off and I get much better service. I sure another update comes out soon to fix this problem, among many others, or I may switch back to my 8525.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

It's another sign that APple needs to get the 3G , Location (GPS), wifi, and other key on off switches more accessible, or have profiles. It's a battery drain, and different combinations as you point out can also affect signal reception

4. iSurfHi macrumors regular

iSurfHi

Full Bars

Hey Guys,
    I have all full bars now in my house the update really helped it. Before the update I had no bars. The iPhone runs smoother but getting better. :)

5. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I just don't understand how some people are affected so diferently than I am by this update.

6. Clarus9 macrumors newbie

Seriously, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of this. I for one don't think my reception is any different than from before I updated.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

The wide range of update experiences, the varying screen colors, the dust, the cracks, the lag, the light leaks...the 3G is a quality control quagmire.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3G is weaking in my area too, but AT&T sent me a new data card and it got better, so I guess signals vary by device.

9. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know if I blame the update alone but this is pretty strange.With 3g turned off I have 1 bar and have to go outside to get reception.Before the update I had full service even in my basement.