What happened to my Siri?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applephanatic, May 13, 2014.

1. applephanatic macrumors member

So here is the situation, a few days a go, my siri stopped responding to me! It is as though Siri's voice suddenly disappeared. I can talk to her ( or him!) and she will listen and even come through with a response on the screen but she will not actually talk back.
    Now heres the kicker! If i switch the language preference from US to UK, Siri suddenly has a voice again!

Now I know that the easiest solution would be to just restore, however, I am currently on the road and did not bring my laptop and I will not be home till the end of the week. I don't really use Siri to often but I do use the maps feature and without the speakable directions the maps to me are useless, and I cant use English (UK) for maps either.

FWIW: it is an iPhone 5s running on 7.1.1

So far I have tried disabling siri and turning on airplane mode, disabling and then re-enabling data. I have done countless setting resets along with network resets to no avail.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading :apple:

2. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Try doing a "Settings > General > Reset All Settings. You won't lose any data. Over on the Apple Support Discussion Boards some folks have had success with this simple fix.

3. twingo macrumors regular

Don't be phanatic. This may be the opportunity to talk to other women...:D