What happened to no new Macbooks until middle of next year?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pyr0sphere, Dec 14, 2007.

1. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

I'm sure you've all seen the reports of the metallic/gunmetal Macbooks on the front page. Anyway, people are posting comments there, that there is a definite new Macbook coming in January

But right after the release of the 2.2 Macbooks, everyone was like "Oh this update means that there won't be one for a long time because otherwise, this upgrade would be pointless" I agreed with this, and was the reason for why I bought my Macbook a couple of weeks ago

Have opinions and views changed? Are people now saying that there will be a new Macbook at Macworld? Or is this new "metallic/gunmetal" Macbook just the sub-notebook everyone has been talking about?

PS: What's so great about a small notebook? I guess it's much lighter and using flash memory, means you can toss it around without problems. But isn't the screen much smaller? Wouldn't most people find anything under 13" to be too small for them. And the harddrive would be extremely low capacity as well, wouldn't it? Like max of 64gb or something like that?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Do you consider the 12" aluminum iBook to be an iBook, or a Powerbook?
    Substitute "13" for "12", "Macbook" for "iBook", and "Macbook Pro" for "Powerbook".

3. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I fully expect that, if the gunmetal MacBook rumor is true, it just means MBPs are getting a form factor update and they are bringing back a 12" PowerBook successor. Seriously doubt MacBooks are getting a sweet treatment. Their cases are not old, are very popular but Christmas already passed, and they recently got updated as you mentioned.

The MacBook line isn't getting updated, just the MBPs and/or a new ultraportable.