What happened to Switcher Plus?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vinnie Madrox, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

i think i did an update for it the other day, and the best feature of it, is gone. when you would double tap the home button, the multitask bar would come up. the icons would wiggle and there'd be a red minus at the top and an arrow pointing right, at the bottom of each icon. hit the arrow, and it would kill all apps after that one. it was GREAT and easier {for me} than going into SB settings and remove recents.

where the hell did this go? i can't find the option for it any more either.....is there any way to "downgrade" it to get this back?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

its now switcher mod.. its under settings.. i do see changes, but overall i like it. i use remove recents anyways but together they work really well. when you double tap now you have the option of pressing the icon or pressing the red arrow.. if you tap three times, you get the kill all feature, which was the same before, right?

also, if you hold down on an icon, you can now move it around which is nice

3. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

I tried messing with switcher mod, but i still dont have the arrows....im lost here....

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

try triple pressing your home button. thats how i get to it.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I had remove recent installed and noticed there was an update for it. The update basically was just to install switcher mod. I played around with switcher mod and saw that its similar to remove recent but with some extra features. Is it okay to just delete remove recents then since switcher mod does that and more? (I also didn't see any arrows pointing either).

6. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

Nope, that doesnt work either. Heres what the multitask bar looks like:

[​IMG]

And this is when im holding an icon down. No wiggle, just jumps up....i want the wiggle and the arrow....

[​IMG]

7. Solange82200 macrumors regular

From the bite sms forums:

Now that Remove Recents is dead (it’s now just nothing but a SwitcherMod dependency), SwicherPlus really, really needs that functionality built in. SwitcherMod is the only way to get it now, and it forcibly disables wiggle mode and won’t let it come back. @rpetrich has said that he isn’t adding the ability to disable that feature either, though I haven’t heard from @0ptimo. Moreover, anyone who installs SwitcherMod to get the remove recents functionality loses favorites.

Martin, any chance we’ll be seeing Remove Recents functionality now? These two tweaks just don’t play nice and SwitcherMod simply doesn’t give nearly enough customizability.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

maybe i wasnt clear in my previous post.. this is what i have installed and the settings i have for them.. i have switcher mod, switcher plus, and remove recents. with the past few upgrades over the last two days, i believe SM has taken over and is a combined app with everything you need. here are my settings for SM:

show current app: off
    close method: red minus always ( double pressing home means you can close an individual app or select an individual app. tripple pressing will allow you to close all.)

if you choose default, you will have the settings you had before (the ones you want), if i am not mistaken
    Remove recents: remove

there was an update either last night, or this morning, check it out, good luck.

9. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

worked after i updated it and got the feature back. thank you :)