What happened to the Halo Back post

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Nhwhazup, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

There was a post earlier today about a Kickstarter Halo Back screen protector. I see its gone now. What happened to it? Was it moved to another area or removed by the moderator.

2. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

I assume it was removed. Was posted by the company behind it, yet aside from the obviousness of that through the user name of the poster, it was posted as a "look at what I found" type of post.

Good riddance in any case. I like the idea, but I backed out of that Kickstarter page VERY fast. Between the engrish on the project page (IMHO not very reassuring when you're launching an English crowdfunding project) and the outright BS they claim about other products to make theirs seem better, it's neither a company I trust to communicate properly nor one I trust at all.

3. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Honestly I could care less about the product but found it interesting that the post for that product got removed but the Cinder posts go on and on and the Cinder Tech even jumped in on a thread about another protector and downed it in comparison to their product.

4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

If they are removing the Halo Back post (which I didn't even see, by the way), they should remove the review post for the Artech21 Leather Wallet case that was posted a few days ago. The conditions are the same.

For the Cinder, I think the reason it was allowed to stay was that the original post was by a MacRumors member that happened to read about the product somewhere online. The Cinder reps then replied to the questions about their product, which is allowable as far as I understand. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks!

Kristin

5. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I believe this is correct.

6. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I get being allowed to reply to questions about their product, But the Cinder Rep also jumped in on the Benks thread to down the Benks product and to exemplify theirs in response to my post. I thought that highly unprofessional on their part and was surprised it was allowed. I wasn't asking any questions about their product but was commenting that the screen protector I received has been perfect in every way and that I didn't have the issues that Cinder described regarding competitors. I have no problem with good heated debate for sure and enjoy it on this forum.

7. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I don't think comparing or commenting on products is against the rules. Anyone can do that, directly or indirectly. The Halo Back rep posted a direct link to their own Kickstarter. That's definitely against the rules.

8. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I don't believe I remember the exchange you are referring to, as I wasn't following the Benks thread very closely, but if they behaved in the manner you describe, I can see how it would seem unprofessional. Glad the Benks worked out well for you!

Kristin

9. Kisey, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015

Kisey macrumors 6502a

I agree, the rules here are vague. I don't think these forums are highly moderated (or this section at least). I feel like mods only take action if someone reports a post and or thread.

In regards to CINDER, they also posted a link to their Indiegogo campaign, so just because it was posted within an existing thread and did not start a new one, it is allowed?

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Due to the sheer volume of posts made on these forums, we rely on reports from members. If you've found a post that you think violates the rules, then please click on the Report Post icon [​IMG] to bring it to the moderators' attention.

11. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I surely felt like they were treading on thin ice hijacking the Benks thread in addition to their own.

And the Benks is still going strong. I've had it on for probably close to 6 weeks - looks like new - no bubbles or dust collecting around the edges at least that I can see without a microscope.

12. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I think anyone reading that thread would know my views on their product but my views aside don't all product companies make wild and downright false comparisons when they are talking up their own products.

I'm sure the cinder is very good going by the few reviews I have seen but the company itself seems to be very dubious to me. They are certainly not intelligent in their marketing.

I suppose time will tell what kind of company they really are.

13. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

I haven't seen the Cinder post in the Benks thread, but that sounds like something that would make me stay away from Cinder. That despite the fact I bought a Benks product and was NOT satisfied in the slightest.

Few things annoy me more than companies who try to sell products by bashing other products. Present your product and let intelligent consumers determine for themselves who to go with.

In Halo Back's case, I would be interested in trying a screen protector that has that smart layer and manages to be almost as thin as the thinnest competitive screen protectors in the process. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in buying a screen protector who blatantly lies about the competition to make their own product seem superior in every way.

14. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

[Mod Note]

If you have questions about specific moderation actions, they should be submitted via the contact us form.

For more information please see the Moderation FAQ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.