Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I saw last night that the new aluminum macbook 2.0 had an illuminated keyboard, so I bought it. Today, the option is off of the website for the 2.0 version however I still have it on my receipt where it says "Backlit Keyboard (English)/User's Guide"

Anyone else run into this problem?

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I saw last night that the new aluminum macbook 2.0 had an illuminated keyboard, so I bought it. Today, the option is off of the website for the 2.0 version however I still have it on my receipt where it says "Backlit Keyboard (English)/User's Guide"

Anyone else run into this problem?

Yeah there are a ton of threads about this issue -- yesterday people were getting mixed answers from everyone including Apple... turns out it was an error and last night they updated the Apple store to correct it.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
That was an error on the website as the 2.0GHz Aluminium body Macbook does not come with a illuminated keyboard.

Perhaps phone them and speak about this issue, you neve know what might happen.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Thanks guys. I dont know how I missed those threads (I still cant find them : / and I'm using search but I'll keep looking).

I'll give apple a call.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Thanks guys. I dont know how I missed those threads (I still cant find them : / and I'm using search but I'll keep looking).

I'll give apple a call.

Yeah see what they can do for you, I am sure they are going to be getting a ton of calls about this issue... especially after it took them so long to fix it.

Here is the link to the other main thread about it, which includes the conversations with Apple tech support, etc.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580750/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.