What happened to the illuminated keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chrono1081, Oct 15, 2008.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I saw last night that the new aluminum macbook 2.0 had an illuminated keyboard, so I bought it. Today, the option is off of the website for the 2.0 version however I still have it on my receipt where it says "Backlit Keyboard (English)/User's Guide"

Anyone else run into this problem?

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Yeah there are a ton of threads about this issue -- yesterday people were getting mixed answers from everyone including Apple... turns out it was an error and last night they updated the Apple store to correct it.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

That was an error on the website as the 2.0GHz Aluminium body Macbook does not come with a illuminated keyboard.

Perhaps phone them and speak about this issue, you neve know what might happen.

4. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Thanks guys. I dont know how I missed those threads (I still cant find them : / and I'm using search but I'll keep looking).

I'll give apple a call.

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Yeah see what they can do for you, I am sure they are going to be getting a ton of calls about this issue... especially after it took them so long to fix it.

Here is the link to the other main thread about it, which includes the conversations with Apple tech support, etc.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=580750