What Happened To the Lock Screen?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by John Mang, Jul 21, 2011.

1. John Mang macrumors member

Anyone remember the lock screen from the Lion GM? The one that came on when you put you're laptop to sleep? Any idea how to turn that back on? I really liked that feature.

2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I didn't even know about that, and I've been using Lion since DP2. My guess is that you need to turn on "require password after sleep or screen saver begins" in the security and privacy pane in Preferences.

3. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

this might be it I'm not sure.. System pref--> User and Groups--> login options--> automatic login (username)--> off

Attached Files:

4. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

yeah your right . my bad

5. John Mang thread starter macrumors member

Actually I'm not talking about that one, there was another one. One that was simpler and only a small user name input box, an X to cancel below. I'm sorry I don't have a image to show you, I never thought of taking a screen shot

scratch that found one on the net.
    [​IMG]

6. John Mang thread starter macrumors member

7. SteveJUK macrumors newbie

Is this it? - System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Tick "require password immediately after sleep or screen saver begins"

I'm on a domain network so I don't have the same settings as a home user so you might need to tweak some settings in the Users & Groups like auto-login.

8. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Yeah, I get that same small square box. On the one hand, it is aesthetically pleasing, on the other hand, it looks even less professional than the black screen with the box, but it may help when using some TV's as a display, as I know one that I used to have would get faked out by the login screen and mess up the screen position when waking up.

9. uuaschbaer macrumors regular

uuaschbaer

10. John Mang thread starter macrumors member

Alright thank you, that was it! Now we just need to find that elusive Restart To Safari Mode..