Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kim6ball

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
What all happened to the macbook today. What's the price? The new Specs?

Matek

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
The 2006 model remained is still the MacBook and costs $1000, while the unibody one was renamed to MacBook Pro, given a better battery, a card reader and a firewire port and costs 1200 (specs nearly identical to white one, except it's about 130 MHz faster).

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
The 2006 model remained is still the MacBook and costs $1000, while the unibody one was renamed to MacBook Pro, given a better battery, a card reader and a firewire port and costs 1200 (specs nearly identical to white one, except it's about 130 MHz faster).

I'd be careful about calling the battery "better." Sure, it has more life/charge, but for folks who carry an extra battery or two for big traveling, it's a setback for sure.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
So what happens to this forum? The MacBook Pro forum is going to get really busy.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
I'd be careful about calling the battery "better." Sure, it has more life/charge, but for folks who carry an extra battery or two for big traveling, it's a setback for sure.

Most definitely. Also, does this mean that the new unibody MBP's hard drive and memory aren't user-replaceable? I'm assuming so, but haven't found a definitive answer yet.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Woah this forum just gets crazy during these events... huge number of viewers in here right now.

Its weird looking at the apple Macbook page and only seeing the white poly machine all there by itself.

RogueVasion

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2008
MA/CT
So what happens to this forum? The MacBook Pro forum is going to get really busy.

LOL, who knows...maybe they should subdivide the Macbook Pro section based on screen size?

And to OP, the Macbook is only polycarbonate, while the uMB became MBPs. Check arn's liveblog or the Apple site for the specifics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.