What happened to the translucency on Yosemite?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Nerdy Keith, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Nerdy Keith macrumors member

Nerdy Keith

I only seem to have translucency on my dock; but no longer on the upper file menus; bookmark bar or window from around the finder.

I do have "Reduce Transparency" turned off from accessibility preferences. When I originally got Yosemite as a OS; I had transparency in the dock, on all the file menus, around the finder window etc. It all soaked into my desktop.

Now I only see it on the dock menu? Which is pretty much pointless; as I rarely have application windows going under there anyway. Is there no way to increase the transparency within the rest of the interface of Yosemite? Or have Apple just removed the rest of the transparency with an update?

Is there at lease someway to download an extension to get all of the transparency back on the interface exactly as it was when Yosemite was first released? I actually liked the way it looked originally.

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

What you're experiencing seems like some kind of a bug, have you tried toggling "Reduce transparency" on and off and a system restart?