What happened to the upgrade path for people with >$99 plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jja1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jja1 macrumors newbie

Earlier it was posted on several sites that:

"Customer has had a standard calling plan plus data services costing $99 a month or more, and who has been in contract (and not upgraded) in the last 12 months. A customer with a calling plan and data services of less than $69 who is 21 to 23 months into contract may upgrade for a fee and a commitment of an additional two-year service contract extension. No upgrade fee is assessed for any customers who are on a month-to-month agreement."

Is this still the case? Because this is exactly the boat I'm in: $125 BB plan ($80 voice, $45 data), 15 months in. My account status page makes it look like I'm not eligible for the discount pricing. Can anyone in the know elaborate?

Thanks.

2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

The upgrade eligibility really depends on several factors which includes length of time you had your contract and how much your average bill is per month. If you've had your current plan for more than 12+ months on the same plan, I would suggest you call at&t and see if they can make an exception.

I remember last year, I was able to call and get a early upgrade on our third line since our bill was always close to $200 a month.

Good Luck !