What happened to three finger drag.

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by inscrewtable, Oct 1, 2015.

1. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

Hopefully it's right under my nose but I just can't find it. I hardly ever click the trackpad any more since I could use "tap to click" and three finger drag. But I cannot find TFD anywhere in the gestures or other settings. Now I have to click the trackpad with my thumb and hold it down while I have to drag with my forefinger.

It 's like being transported back into the 15th century when this used to be the only way people could drag stuff around their desktops.

2. Christofer81 macrumors newbie

System Preferences... > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options... > Enable dragging

Apple has been doing a good job hiding the setting!

3. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Thank you so much for that! I was pulling my hair (and I'm bald) every time I had to drag a window from one place to another. You saved me :D

4. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

That's insanely weird considering they left tap to click where it was and it's so deeply buried I'd never have found it on my own, thanks.

What about the other options in the final dropdown, I can't figure out what 'with/without drag lock' means.

5. JonnyBlaze macrumors regular

thank you for figuring this out....no three finger drag was driving me mad!

6. inscrewtable, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015

inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

Update: The System keeps turning it off. I thought I was hallucinating the first time, but after the third time that I've had to turn it on again...

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Solved, when you enable swipe up with three fingers in Trackpad > More Gestures, three finger drag automatically switches off.

7. Atomant669 macrumors regular

I can't even find anything in > More Gestures that says, three finger drag.

I can't find anywhere that says three finger drag on or off!!!

8. dsemf macrumors regular

Accessibility >> Mouse & Trackpad >> Trackpad Options >> Enable Dragging >> Three finger drag

DS