What happened to uApp?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rogersmj, Apr 16, 2007.

1. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I went looking for my favorite free uninstallation app today, and the link on MacUpdate goes nowhere. Following what used to be the developer's web site, I'm taken to another web site where there's no mention of uApp. I recommend it to people all the time because it's basically a free version of AppZapper and works just as well. Anyone know what happened to it or where else I can find it?

On a related note, is there any way to notify MacUpdate about this? I couldn't find a Contact Us form or anything on their site. I also want to tell them that their AJAX search blows -- it never works correctly after the initial submit. If I try to change option flags and search again it always tells me I'm searching an empty string. It's been like that for weeks at least.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I remember (maybe a month ago?) that the developer of uApp posted a notice on his site saying that he had sold all of his applications to another company. uApp is supposed to remain free, but there is some downtime before it becomes available again through the new company.

3. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Thanks for the info about the developer. You think he would have left that announcement on his site or something.

I know about AppDelete, I just prefer the way uApp behaves, that's all.

Thanks again.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Here is the developer's English site, where the message is still visible.

5. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

LOL, I wouldn't call it "visible". That's the site I was looking at before, and saw no such announcement. Turns out it's white text on a white background...when I went there this time, I tried highlighting the whole page and only then did I see the text!

Is this what you see?

Attached Files:

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

7. rogersmj thread starter macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I was viewing in FireFox. I looked at the source and saw why I'm not getting black:

Code:
    <body bgcolor="#00000">
    Because he's either an idiot and doesn't know that hex color codes are 6 characters long, or he forgot one. Nice of him to test in other browsers.

Interesting the Safari still renders it as he intended when it's completely invalid. That's like something IE would do.