What happened?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thebiggoose, Jun 8, 2007.

1. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

I was just working on a new design for my website in PS CS3. I usually save the psd and open it in ImageReady then export it into Dreamweaver. I have Dreamweaver CS3 but now no Imagready! How do I convert the psd's into html files?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You can do all that under File->Save for Web and Devices now (works in CS2 also).

3. thebiggoose thread starter macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

could you be a little more speific about the options i would choose to get an html file and an images folder?

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Sure. The slices you can make right in Photoshop. (BTW, the animation palette is in PS too if you ever need to make those, works just like it did in ImageReady.)

But anyway, let's say you have your PS image with all its slices cut out. When you go into Save for Web and Devices, there is a slice select tool there in the palette on the left if you want to double-check the names, URLs etc. and make any last-minute changes (you can do all this from the main PS environment too). When you're happy with that and the format details on the right, whack the Save button. In the save dialog, that's where you'll see a menu that lets you choose images only, HTML only, or both.