What happens a purchased movie is removed from the iTunes video store?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by happyprozak, Apr 30, 2017.

1. happyprozak macrumors member

I noticed recently that the original Fullmetal Alchemist series was removed from the iTunes movie store and I'm left wondering whether the people who purchased this content have now lost access to download the video.

Is that content now lost for them? Or does the video stay in their cloud storage? I read an article a few months back where Disney moved a movie back to their "vault" and people lost the video from their cloud storage but Disney later apologized and said their intention was not to remove the video from people's cloud storage who had already purchased the film. So in short, people who purchased the movie can still watch it but you can't buy it.

I've also read of people just flat out losing access, unless of course they downloaded and stored the video on a drive themselves.

Is there a set iTunes policy? Or does access depend on the studio who owns the rights?

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

If you have it stored on your device,and your iTunes security backup for the device,nothing will happen to it. I have apps on my phone and tablet which I downloaded back in 2009,in 2011 Apple banned some of them from App Store,but they still works normally. However,when 64-bit is forced onto everyone,I will have to delete the apps. Movies and music is of course not affected.