Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nostalgia

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Hi,

Was wondering, what will happen (from what we know from previous wwdc´s) after iOS7 is announced?

Is it immediately launched to the public? It goes through a beta stage?

Put in other words, how long will it take from the point it´s announced to the point where it is fully functional and ready for the general public?

Thank you !

andrewpturko

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
If history repeats itself, it will go through a beta stage for developers and be released sometime around the fall (typically along side a new iPhone).

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Hi,

Was wondering, what will happen (from what we know from previous wwdc´s) after iOS7 is announced?

Put in other words, how long will it take from the point it´s announced to the point where it is fully functional and ready for the general public?

Thank you !

We get to wait 3 more months, thats what. GRRRRRR!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Hi,

Thank you !

There will be a HUGE amount of complaining that it doesn't live up to expectations...which is ironic considering that all the expectations are just created out of thin air.

Oh, the release date! I could make that up ,too...but then disappointment would reign when I'm completely wrong.

:rolleyes: ;)

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
It will be released as a beta to developers and will be released to the public during the fall, if the past two years are any indication.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
If you wanna try it out, download the Beta Xcode and use the simulator :) That's what I'm doing.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
There will be a HUGE amount of complaining that it doesn't live up to expectations...which is ironic considering that all the expectations are just created out of thin air.

Oh, the release date! I could make that up ,too...but then disappointment would reign when I'm completely wrong.

:rolleyes: ;)

Don't forget all the tech bloggers creating absurd link-bait articles and creating fake "controversies" like they did with the Maps just because they need those extra hits.

And then there's the deluge of Google trolls going on and on about stupid things like "widgets" or whatnot - the same ones who are so out of touch with reality that they think the majority of people agree that iOS is SO "outdated" or "state" just because they've never used it or want it to be exactly like Android.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Normally what happen:
1) WWDC starts with Keynote
2) soon after developer preview is released
3) Server going down because of huge interests in new version
4) developer under NDA install it on their development devices and start adopting and exploring new things
5) Apple will release a number of beta version until September/October for public release
6) some beta version will have activation issues
7) Discussions about was it now the golden master or not
:)

So far so good

8) many non-developer will download and install on their primary devices
9) those user will direct start complaining about how buggy the beta version is, that Safari it not ******** and the battery drains too fast and ask how to downgrade again
10) they might forgot a proper backup and now going too loose important photos.
:eek:;)

Something like this; every year ... Looking foward to tomorrow's keynote. Have a day off so I can enjoy a live stream/live chat when is comes
:D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.