What happens if I do not return the defective Ultracompact Apple USB charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aneftp, Sep 21, 2008.

1. aneftp macrumors 601

So I signed up for the USB adapter exchange from Apple.com website. It says it will ship within the next 3 weeks.

When it arrives, I'm supposed to send them the defective USB adapter. What happens if I do not send it back. They do not have my real address. I'm having it sent to a third party address because I may be out of the country at that time. I used my friends serial code and I did not give them any other identifying information.

Will they charge me $29.99? I never supplied a credit card with the exchange.

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Probably nothing will happen.
    But you could be nice and send it back.

3. richg916 macrumors regular

I doubt they will try to bill you, there is a problem with the adapter or there wouldn't be a recall. Basically use at your own risk.

4. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

I believe they send a prepaid envelope, just throw your old one in and drop it in the mailbox, or you can drive out of state and drop it at a post office, since for some reason your being rather cautious about a power adapter exchange

5. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Wow, congrats on stealing a defective charger. If they really care about htem they might give you warnings, and if you dont reply, they'll bill you.

6. enadsleinad macrumors newbie

What happens? Someday it'll shock the hell out of you or someone you love. And what's with the sneakiness? I don't think Apple's out to harass you or make you pay for faulty equipment. They just don't wanna get sued. I say use the old charger at your own risk.

7. product26 macrumors 6502a

product26

when I participated in the battery exchange it said that I would be billed for the replacement if I did not return the old one.

8. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Apple wont bill you, but they want the old ones back so no one gets shocked handling a defective one.

9. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

10. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Ahaha, probably the best response so far!

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, I wanna hold on to my first USB adapter and turn it into a unassuming "Stun Gun!" :eek:

12. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I guess you will be ok, they are probably handling thousands of others, so they probably wont care

13. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

they send the Apple treehuggers to find you and hunt you down.