What happens if I open a game,

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Yumunum, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

while my MacBook Air is connected to my TV? I don't have the necessary chords yet (JUST bought my new HDTV tonight) to test this, so I tried Google but I couldn't find my answer.

Will the other screen go black, or will it still be usable while the game runs on the other screen? I know that "fullscreen" apps for Lion make the other screen go dark, but I don't know about your average game. In my case, mostly Garry's Mod and Just Cause 2.

And if the other screen is still usable, how would I choose WHICH screen had the game on it? Obviously I'd want it on the TV. Thanks in advance! I'm a noob when it comes to running dual monitors

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It'll appear on the screen you designate as the primary and the other screen will probably black out.

3. Yumunum thread starter macrumors 65816

Yumunum

"probably"? Thanks for the input, but hopefully someone here knows for sure?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Out of curiosity, why does this even matter?

5. Yumunum thread starter macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Gaming, viewing a website at the same time (for example, game guides), and... well... I can think of a lot of nice multitasking-like-things I could be doing!

6. Capt T macrumors 6502a

It will depend on the game.

If it only runs full screen it will black out the other screen. If it runs in a window then you can see the other screen but may need to pause to get the mouse outside of the window or over to the other screen.