What happens if iBook gets rev'ed while on order?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gigneil, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. gigneil macrumors newbie

    Oct 18, 2004
    Hey all-

    I actually have an iBook on order right now (14.1" 1.2 ghz). It listed for $1499, and was supposed to have shipped last Tuesday. Now, it has been delayed until "on or after 10/21".

    What happens if Apple does rev the product line tomorrow, and offers a superior product for $1499? Obviously, I want the better product. They partial shipped me the iBook APP kit, so I can't just cancel the order.

    Will Apple automatically do the right thing, or do I need to take some action?

    Thanks for any advice. :)

  2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816


    May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    I'm betting they will upgrade you to the new one but if they don't just return it right away and re-order it.
  3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000


    May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
    if your worried cancel your order.... then reorder when the rev comes out...
    edit: saw you said you couldn't cancel.... if it does happen i would call apple and ask if they could just update your order.... :confused:
  4. russed macrumors 68000


    Jan 16, 2004
    they do upgrade it. i ordered a rev. A pb a week before the rev. B was released. as soon as the new model was released i got an email saying that it had been upgraded. i wouldnt worry.
  5. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030


    Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    If updates are today (19th), it seems funny that yours has been bumped to the 21st. Still, you will get the closest of the new products to your order (in most cases the bumped version of your model). If there is a price drop, you'll be pleased to hear that you'll be charged the new lower price or given a rebate if already charged.
  6. AmigoMac macrumors 68020


    Aug 5, 2003
    They will stop your order, take your money and will forget about you, no iBook... :p J/K

    They upgrade your order as well... don't worry! if not, return it an order a new one, you have 10 days.
  7. gigneil thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 18, 2004

    Apple did indeed upgrade my order... and further delayed it until 10/26.

    Thx for your input!!!


Share This Page