What happens if you Pre-order from AT&T and you are not there to sign on 19th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jpbeck76, Sep 10, 2014.

1. jpbeck76 macrumors member

jpbeck76

Do they just leave it at the door or would you reschedule for another day? I will be leaving to go out of town and nobody will be at house to sign for it.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

Usually Fedex / UPS will try delivering it two days in a row and if they don't get a signature by then they simply leave a note at the door with the package number for you to come and pick it up.

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Just chatted with AT&T and found out no on-line orders will get delivered to any store, only home or business. But some stores ARE doing in-store pre-orders for delivery to the store.

I'm not here to sign on the 19th so I plan going to one of the stores to pre-order.

4. jpbeck76 thread starter macrumors member

jpbeck76

I plan on pre ordering through the ATT website. Just want to make sure that I have a way to either pickup the phone at FedEx or UPS or schedule a different delivery day (Monday/Tuesday)

5. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

I was told on two different occasions chatting with AT&T reps that online pre-orders CAN be shipped to stores. Seems like several others in this thread have received the same information.

What has been the case in previous years? I only remember waiting in line for 2 hours at 6AM when the 5 came out. Because I didn't preorder.

6. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

Yes, I just received the same information in an AT&T chat.

The rep told me that I "should be able to" pre-order with AT&T Next on Apple.com and pick up in an Apple Store.

She said if that doesn't work, then go on ATT.com and have it shipped to an AT&T store instead.

7. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

AT&T Rep: Hi, for the pre-orders it is only available for delivery and also for pick up at the local AT&T Store. But it may take longer for the delivery because of the availability per unit.

AT&T Rep: The pre-orders are just like a reservation. The official release of the iPhone 6 will be on 09/19/2014 but we cannot guarantee that you will get the phone immediately or the same day. You will notified via email when you will receive the device.

Looks like going to the AT&T/Apple Store at the buttcrack of dawn is the only way to ensure getting one on launch day.

8. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

I believe both delivery companies offer the ability to just hold the item or release it to be left as well. They may charge a couple dollars.

9. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Well it seems like ala cart w/AT&T. Anyway I found a local(?) corporate store that will take pre-orders in their store and have it shipped there.