What happens when ordered iPhone arrives?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismac00, Jul 23, 2008.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I ordered an iPhone through AT&T's Direct Fulfillment service and I wanted to know when it arrived, do they completely activate it there or do we go home and activate it. Can someone who received their iPhone through DF please explain their experience with activating their iPhone?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Tvp125 macrumors newbie

The iPhone comes sealed in the box they open it and activate it in front of you at the store. Didn't take long for me at all.

3. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

^ Unless you were lucky enough to have the server go down then you got to activate at home like I did :)

4. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

servers werent down for me

i got mine last friday and the servers were up and running, the guy still told me to activate it at home. I think he was just lazy and he knew that there was no difference from doing at home or in the store.

5. DevJ macrumors member

excuse my ignorance on this matter, but does the ATT store update all your contacts to the phone or does the sim card automatically do it when inserted into the phone?

6. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

On iPhone
    Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Import SIM Contacts.

That imports the contacts on your SIM card. Now if you are upgrading from the original iPhone then you just connect it to iTunes at home and it restores all your stuff from the 1st Gen.